Information for School Boards
Because the Association understands the choice of a superintendent to be the most important decision a board of education will ever make, the Association offers professional services to school boards seeking to fill a vacancy. The Association makes every effort to keep the costs for searches reasonable.
A search typically involves a number of steps:
- needs assessment.
- a profile of the qualifications desired, "the person needed"
- a national announcement of the vacancy
- professional screening of applicants
- school board interviews with the finalists
- board negotiations with the selected candidate and the awarding of a contract
A brochure announcing the vacancy is developed for each search. The brochure contains such information as:
- a description of the district and community
- a description of "the person wanted"
- some indication of salary
- application procedures and processes
IASB welcomed the opportunity to make a personal presentation regarding its services to any member board of education that anticipates a search. There is never a cost for this presentation. A personal presentation will allow the board to explore a variety of options (or levels of service) for the search. A superintendent search, by its very nature, is an individualized effort, customized to fit the needs of a particular district.
CLICK HERE to download a brochure with more information. Or contact the Association offices in Springfield at 217/528-9688 or in Lombard at 630/629-3776.
IASB is an equal opportunity employment search agency.
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB Web site strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.